Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Yale is modernizing the university staffing Talent Acquisition (TA) function to achieve our North Star of making hiring faster and simpler, resulting in more successful recruitment of highly talented and diverse employees for Yale.
As a part of this transformative effort, we are seeking an Operations Analyst to support the TA leadership team in the execution of strategy, metrics dashboards, tools and systems, monitoring team efficiency and effectiveness to meet the goals of Talent Acquisition. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Operations Director, this hands-on role is accountable to enhance technical, process and service delivery functions that provide our candidates and university stakeholders with the best and most efficient talent acquisition experience.
As a TA Operations Analyst, you will play a vital role in helping us optimize our systems, tools, processes, and practices. Use your data analysis and problem solving skills to identify area of improvement and develop solutions that enable the team to hire top talent faster and more efficiently. Use your creativity and technology expertise in designing workflows and implementing systems enhancements, while motivating the team to try new processes and champion them with clients. Inspire team members and leaders with your storytelling insights into metrics, data, trends and themes.
Working at Yale means contributing to a better tomorrow. Whether you are a current resident of our New Haven-based community – eligible for opportunities through the New Haven Hiring Initiative – or a newcomer, interested in exploring all that Yale has to offer, your talents and contributions are welcomed. Discover your opportunities at Yale.
1. Proactively evaluate recruiting process and system efficiency, compliance, and customer service performance gaps and risks, and make recommendations on updates and changes. Audit processes and obtain feedback regularly. 2. Utilize recruiting, sourcing, and productivity metrics and surveys to identify opportunities, prioritize continuous improvement initiatives, and provide actionable insights about team performance. Maintain weekly, monthly, ad hoc reports and dashboards to track trends. Prepare reports on findings. 3. Act as a change agent to instill a continuous improvement culture throughout TA and drive measurable recruiting process improvements. 4. Promote approaches for using technology to support hiring goals and needs, while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of existing capabilities. 5. Provide root cause analysis and potential courses of action for issues and improvement opportunities based on reporting results. 6. Serve as a liaison with HRISS to support TA service delivery, and provide technical support for recruiting tools, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of recruitment systems – Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) systems and data. Advanced skills with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel. Knowledge of reporting tools and related systems (PowerBI).
- Data-driven with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail. Ability to extract data themes and trends and build a story around them to engage a range of university audiences.
- Exceptional customer service focus with the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders and leaders. Ability to anticipate the needs of the function and TA team broadly, including the innate ability to answer questions before they’re asked.
- Demonstrated ability to meet competing deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment. Highly motivated team player with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Project management skills related to business process optimization and implementing new work or technical enhancements in partnership with other stakeholders (internal HR team members, other departments, vendors).
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
- Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.