Whittier Trust is the oldest and largest multi – family office headquartered on the West Coast with approximately $20 billion under advisement.
Our commitment to highly responsive client service, comprehensive wealth management, entrepreneurial tax and trust planning; individualized portfolio and alternatives management; and a stellar reputation of employee retention, enrichment, and development make Whittier Trust Company the ideal start to your career.
Our 2024 Internship Program provides the rising and graduating Senior with an opportunity to experience the world of Wealth Management. During the rotational 10–week program, you will have the opportunity to learn about and, the possibility to work with all five pillars within the Whitter Trust Company: Investment Management, Client Advisory, Family Office, Philanthropy and, Alternatives.
Mentored by industry leaders and supported by our 230 wealth professionals, you will be assigned multiple projects and real-time wealth management projects utilizing your research, analysis, business writing, and presentation skills.
Please attached your most recent transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Assisting Client Advisors with daily account management
- Creating custom reports such as cash flow analyses and balance sheets
- Assisting with organizing and streamlining client and business development information on Salesforce
- Assisting and attending client events
- Researching industry related topics and presenting where applicable
- Basic administrative tasks on behalf of the Client Advisory team including presentation creation and book binding
- Ad hoc tasks for Client Advisors as directed
- Financial model building and updating, market research, and company research
- Researching, creating and generating custom reports for Portfolio Managers to monitor accounts using Addepar, Bloomberg, FactSet and Excel
- Assisting with collecting, synthesizing and organizing equity, fixed income, and economic research data
- Maintaining and ensuring accuracy of financial models
- Analyzing earnings conference calls to Analysts to assist in evaluating recent company performance and disseminating information to internal departments as applicable
- Providing research using Bloomberg, FactSet, and other data providers to create reports and graphs for client presentations as directed
- Assisting in analyzing portfolios to ensure they reflect Whittier Trust sector and security outlook
- Maintaining and tracking composite performance
- Assisting in some administrative tasks in relation to supporting the Portfolio Manager including, presentation creation, printing and binding
- Researching, writing and presenting major project to Investment and wider WTC team
- Excellent academic credentials
- Progress towards Bachelor’s Degree – finance or economics preferred but NOT essential
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Emotional intelligence and maturity
- Demonstrated strong interest in the wealth management industry
- Advanced computer skills across all Microsoft Office programs.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extra-curricular activities outside of school
Priority will be given to students graduating in 2024 and 2025
Internships are available in our South Pasadena, Orange County, West LA, San Francisco, Seattle, WA and Reno, NV offices.
The Internship Program will be run for 10 weeks during Summer of 2023. Our expected start date is Monday, June 10th, 2024.
A working visa sponsorship is NOT available. Applicant(s) must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Application Deadline: December 31st, 2023
Video screening Interviews: January 2nd – 12th, 2024
Final Round Interviews: January 15th – 26th, 2024
Offer Letters Sent: Friday, February 2nd, 2024