The Venture Banking Credit Analyst plays an integral part of leading portfolio level analytics and reporting and will work directly with senior leaders on origination, underwriting, and portfolio management. The Analyst will have the unique opportunity to help shape their own experience through outbound networking and sourcing, and internal projects to further streamline the group’s operations. Over time the Analyst will have the opportunity to lead relationship management with portfolio companies and on new deal origination.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead portfolio level analytics and reporting, including pipelines, portfolio tracking, board material development, and special projects with Group leads.
- Work with Deal Teams to collect and review diligence materials to prepare credit memorandums for presentation to the leadership team.
- Participate in deal origination and underwriting process from sourcing to execution / closing.
- Monitor an existing portfolio of borrowers to ensure compliance with loan covenants and report status up to the leadership team.
- Develop a network of venture capitalists and service providers to drive further awareness of Stifel Venture Bank in an effort to drive new business.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Effective communication in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel software proficiency.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 1+ years’ experience in commercial banking, investment banking, or private capital investing experience required.
Systems & Technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Salary: $75,000 – $93,000 per year
Actual salaries may vary, and may be based on several factors, including but not limited to each candidate’s qualifications, skills, and overall competencies for the position. The base salary is one component of Stifel’s overall compensation package for each individual employee. Other benefits and offerings include, but not limited to, discretionary bonuses, health / dental / vision / prescription insurance offerings, Stifel Total Health Connect, flexible spending accounts, tuition & certification assistance programs, paid time off, and much, much more! To view a more comprehensive list of Stifel’s current offerings, please visit our Stifel Benefits website.
Stifel is a more than 130 years old and still thinking like a start-up. We are a global wealth management and investment banking firm serious about innovation and fresh ideas. Built on a simple premise of safeguarding our clients’ money as if it were our own, coined by our namesake, Herman Stifel, our success is intimately tied to our commitment to helping families, companies, and municipalities find their own success.
While our headquarters is in St. Louis, we have offices in New York, San Francisco, Baltimore, London, Frankfurt, Toronto, and more than 400 other locations. Stifel is home to approximately 9,000 individuals who are currently building their careers as financial advisors, research analysts, project managers, marketing specialists, developers, bankers, operations associates, among hundreds more. Let’s talk about how you can find your place here at Stifel, where success meets success.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel’s bank and trust companies are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. If you would like more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections, please review the following posters: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law, EEO Supplement, and Pay Transparency.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)