SportsMEDIA Technology – (SMT) is the pioneer in sports technology, having re-imagined the fan experience 30 years ago. Since then, we’ve revolutionized how sports fans watch their favorite events, whether in the stands, livestreaming or on television. Through innovative real-time and wireless data and display systems, SMT’s impact is evident in every major international sport on the world’s stage, from football and soccer to tennis and golf. Along the way, SMT has grown to become the premier technology provider for pinnacle world-renowned events, including the tennis Grand Slams, golf majors, the Olympics, NHL, NBA, the New York City Marathon and CrossFit Games. SMT designed and developed the official scoring, statistics, and onsite live presentation systems for the NBA, the NHL, the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, the CrossFit Games, all four golf majors, and the four tennis slams.
SMT services hundreds of major U.S and international sports events, as well as major sports broadcasters, teams and organizing bodies, resulting in a sports technology powerhouse unequaled in the industry. SMT continues to blaze the trail in sports technology with innovative biometrics and player and object tracking, mobile apps, analytics, video production services, wireless information systems, and on-site services. SMT’s products have become a regular part of the viewing experience for fans and an invaluable asset for clients. SMT’s growth has led to the creation of several divisions, with divisions in Durham, NC, Fremont, CA, Jacksonville, FL, and Toronto, Canada.
The Events Staff Intern is a position that serves to satisfy scholastic “work-exposure” degree requirements while at the same time exposing potential Events Staff candidates to the SMT Events Department. The Events Intern works in a support role for event preparation (with on-site services staff), onsite event delivery, and post-event wrap-up for events and services. Primarily serves in an assistant capacity to SMT Event Project Managers and Event Staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works with SMT staff to prepare equipment for event service delivery
- Assists in day-to-day duties as needed within the SMT Events Department
- Perform risk management to minimize any project issues or safety concerns
- Maybe used to work in other SMT departments as needed
- Will be assigned to work SMT events as needed
- Will be asked to work weekends and holidays when necessary
- Participate in the loading, unloading, and inventory tracking of SMT equipment
- Assists with ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of warehouse
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in a college program (prefer Sport Management, Communications, Hospitality or IT majors)
- Prior event management / sponsorship or networking / IT experience preferred
- Project management and/or event coordination preferred
- Sport industry knowledge helpful (specifically tennis, golf, or CrossFit)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to travel 50-70 %.
- Must be able to obtain US passport, or other authorization into various worldwide locations
- Must be able to lift and carry 70 lbs.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to be insured on SMT liability policy
- Must be able to work in high pressure environments and problem solve efficiently
- Must be dependable in terms of punctuality and task performance efficiency
- Must be able to travel to both domestic and internationally events during internship
- Basic computer and network knowledge preferred
- Basic events operations experience helpful
- Sound software knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) required
- Sound organizational, communication (both oral and written), and time management skills.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card
- Technical background or technical aptitude highly preferred
- Fluency in foreign language helpful
- Ability to demonstrate leadership
Are you ready to join the SMT Team and be a Game Changer?
SMT is an equal opportunity employer.
SMT participates in E-Verify.