The Emerging Professionals Program (STEP) is a dynamic, rotational program designed to educate, train, and develop the skills to launch your career.
Within STEP, slated to begin in June 2024, you will receive hands on experience in every aspect of our business through on-the-job, e-learning, subject matter expert training, and residency events in locations across the US. This intensive program includes exposure to site and corporate operations, sales strategies, processes, procurement, project management, analytics, and our Operating Company’s business philosophy. You will also have the opportunity to present to our Executive Leadership team on key strategic organizational initiatives.
The core rotations of this program are:
- Warehouse/Logistics Operations
- Inside Sales and Customer Solutions
- Corporate Operations and Analytics
- Outside Sales/Account Management
- Role Specialization
In addition to your rotations, you will also experience:
- Team-Building activities with fellow emerging professionals
- Developmental learning paths and seminars
- All-expense paid travel to different company locations
- Enhanced understanding of our business through specialized training
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, or another related degree.
- GPA of 3.0
- Possess an enthusiastic/self-starter attitude
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player
Why work for Cooper Electric?
At Cooper Electric, we are Powered by Difference. As a Sonepar company we have local roots and global reach. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the various ways that each of us contributes to our successes. What keeps us at the forefront of progress? Our people. No matter where you work or who you are, you will be encouraged to push boundaries, expand your industry experience, and elevate your career.
Our Competitive Benefits?
Our full-time associates can participate in competitive medical plans which include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, long and short-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance programs, and employee discounts. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid holidays.
About Cooper Electric
For over 50 years, Cooper Electric has provided the New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania markets with expert electrical supplies, service capabilities, and innovative solutions. Cooper Electric was established in 1961 as a family-owned business. In 1999 Cooper Electric became a proud member of the Sonepar Group, the world’s largest privately held electrical distributor. Today, Copper Electric continues to expand our capabilities and become one of the finest electrical supply distributors in the United States.
Cooper Electric is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran