Resilience, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to improving the mental health of students, as well as reducing mass shootings, suicide, and depression. Resilience, Inc also works to combat declining test scores, low student engagement, and a slew of other social issues.
Our organization focuses on offering Social Emotional Learning tools to enable K-12 schools to teach emotional intelligence through five core topics; self-awareness, self-control, social awareness, relationship management, goal setting, and effective decision-making. Resilience, Inc. also provides tools for acquiring and maintaining inspiration, hope, and overall well-being.
Our mission is to teach SEL at every school in the country. It is a tough challenge, but we know “No Challenge, No Change.” If you are also concerned about children’s mental health and social being, join us! Become a member of Resilience, Inc, and help change the way schools approach mental health.
Resilience is looking for Business Management Interns and offering internship programs in the Strategy and Planning department. Our internship programs are 90 hours with the option to continue after meeting the minimum requirement. We require at least a two month commitment, and have flexible start and end dates.
Interns will report to the Director of Strategy and Planning.
This internship is unpaid, but students may receive academic credit through their university. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institute to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write out a basic business plan and edit as needed to make it up-to-date
- Work with other departments for smooth communications and organizational flow
- Work with department managers to maintain an up-to-date organizational structure
- Provide suggestions based on research and analysis of all information collected
- Be responsible to follow project guideline
- Develop business goals and objectives to lead the growth of the organization
- Be familiar with our core topics, including self-awareness, self-control, social awareness, relationship management, and decision making & goal settings
- Work independently.
- Ability to work on a team can attend a monthly meeting
- Reliable, punctual.
- Pay attention to details.
- Process eagerness to learn and an open mind to improve critical skills.
- Receptive to improve problems and solving skills.
- Objective learning.
- Report to the director and the manager of Strategy and Planning
- Minimum of 5-10 hours per week, with flexibility during exam week.
- Gain experience in business management and demonstrate analytical skills during collaboration with the curriculum department and other departments.
- Learn critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Learn how to help organizations internally
- Gain and learn responsibility
- Gain leadership skill
- Demonstrate your understanding of business, analysis, and team working skills.