The Accounting Intern will work extensively with our Accounting team and will report directly to the Accounting Manager. The internship will provide the candidate the ability to gain real world experience while pursuing their degree.
The program begins with a corporate orientation in Fort Worth, Texas. During this training period, interns receive a company overview and interact with company leaders. Following orientation, interns receive on-the-job training according to their assigned group.
Upon successful completion of the internship, interns may be able to add these accomplishments to their resume:
- full cycle accounting month-end
- bank reconciliations
- preparing investor reports
- participated in and expanded training that will benefit future interns
This is a paid internship with the possibility of a full-time position after graduation.
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: Will vary by candidate & course schedule
WHAT’S AWESOME ABOUT OLYMPUS PROPERTY?
- Our CULTURE focuses heavily on Teamwork, Trust, Family, Fun, and Customer Care!
- Employees are rewarded and recognized for their efforts and performance!
- We offer real, deserved advancement opportunities!
- Direct access to executive leadership!
- Generous compensation structures!
- Accounting Major (preferred) or Business Major
- Proficient in MS Office (Including Excel)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must have ability to develop and maintain and foster relationships at every level within the organization including external customers (vendors)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work closely with the Corporate accounting team, Regional Operations Teams, and Property Managers and provide accounting support as needed. At Olympus Property, your customers mainly consist of our onsite apartment Property Managers and Regional Managers. Since we operate nationwide, and with a largely diverse demographic, it is important that you work well with many personalities and can extend professionalism, collaboration, and kindness at all times.
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- prepare monthly financial reporting packages and ensure internal and external reporting deadlines are met
- Prepare and post journal entries and accruals for assigned properties
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and bank statements
- Perform an in-depth review of general ledger and income statements, tracking lender reporting and preparing replacement reserve draw requests
- Support the Accounts Payable department and assist and coordinate audit information and requests
- Work will be performed in an office environment at Olympus’ headquarters in Fort Worth, TX
- No travel anticipated
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity is a critical component in Olympus Property’s success model. Olympus Property is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.