Position Title: Project Coordinator Intern
Location: Coralville, IA
Reports to: Director of Customer Experience
Status: Intern, minimum 30 hours/week
Duration: Summer 2024
Leepfrog Technologies, Inc. provides its CourseLeaf software to more than 500 of the nation’s most academically complex colleges and universities to manage their academic catalogs, curriculum, section scheduling, registration, and syllabi management.
The Project Coordinator Intern plays an integral role in the setup and implementation of clients’ CourseLeaf products. The position supports the Implementation Team with their day-to-day activities and client projects. The role will establish and maintain working relationships between clients and Leepfrog Technologies, Inc., along with setting the tone for our incoming clients on their experience with Leepfrog and the CourseLeaf product.
- Regularly track communication with clients on project status and implementation needs to ensure currency and accuracy. Maintain outstanding customer service for CourseLeaf clients.
- Manage incoming clients by aiding the handoff from Sales to Implementation, in addition to working with clients to assemble project requirements.
- Act as the liaison both internally across departments, (i.e. between Implementation is System administration for example) and externally between Implementation team and clients.
- Prepare agendas, correspondence, and meeting notes as requested.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Leepfrog software and how it can be configured, customized and implemented to meet client requirements.
- Maintain and update data within internal database.
- Participate in Implementation activities and/or special projects as required.
- Adhere to prescribed deadlines.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the Implementation Team as requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication: ability to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Teamwork: ability to anticipate the needs of various internal and external team members and adapt based on an individual’s communication style, skills and interests.
- Planning: ability to think ahead, prioritize, and plan.
- Problem-solve in a changing environment: analyze situations quickly and react appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility: ability to shift focus and prioritize based on daily priorities.
- Management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic: a self-starter with strong initiative; reliable.
- Technical: Very basic understanding of computer systems and software.
- Must be pursuing or just completed a 4-year degree program and have a basic understanding of professional communication and documentation.
- Must be able to respectfully handle highly confidential information.
- Possess expertise with Windows OS, Microsoft Word & Excel, Firefox, and other computer applications.
- Customer service skills are required.
The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an entrepreneurial, small company environment with the ability to adjust as needed. The ideal candidate will also be encouraged to express ideas and suggestions as part of the team.
Leepfrog Technologies Internship Program
The purpose of the Leepfrog Technologies Inc. Internship Program is to provide quality on-the-job experience in a private sector environment to a current or newly-graduated student in support of their future career goals. During their internship, an intern can expect hands on projects to gain professional development, new skills, and mentorship in a variety of areas.
There are two parts to the internship: the job specific activities and the internship program activities. Interns will be required to take part in the following internship program activities:
- Job Shadowing with at least three employees outside of their department. Job shadowing can occur in one or a combination of the following ways:
- Interview an employee. Explore other possible career interests by learning about their job. Ask about their day-to-day, what they like most about their job, what people get wrong about their job, and their career path
- Participate in a job or department specific meeting or event with the employee
- Complete a small project for or with that employee
- Internship Culmination Project at the end of the internship. The intern will present a project on a topic that follows these guidelines:
- Aligns with what they did with their department and other departments during their internship
- Aligns with their future career goals
- Is developed in a format that can be presented to an in-person audience
- (Only applicable to Summer Interns) Participate in the Ignite ICR Summer Intern Program. This program is a way for college students and interns working in the Iowa City-Cedar Rapids (ICR) region to meet one another, explore the incredible culture of ICR, connect with young professionals, and imagine a future for themselves in ICR.
The Project Coordinator Intern will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Project Coordinator Intern may be located in a busy, open area office, and will be faced with regular interruptions.