The following posting is a pipeline requisition, meant to accumulate candidates for 2024 Summer Internships. Qualified applicants will be contacted in concert with the approval and publication of identical, approved positions within HP, Inc.
US Only: Candidates who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology sector including by not limited to, African American, Latino, Native American, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
US Only: This opportunity is intended for conversion to a full-time role that will not offer work authorization sponsorship in the future (full-time conversion pending performance evaluation post internship and available headcount). Interested candidates must be currently eligible to work in the US AND must not require work authorization sponsorship in the future.
Innovation is in HP’s DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world’s leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators, and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
The Intern Program
Our future success depends on the innovation and fresh ideas students bring to HP, Inc. We are hiring students with a diverse set of skills and experiences to join our Supply Chain Organization. Our intern program is intended to enhance your overall learning experience, give you an opportunity to make an impact, have some fun, and meet great people along the way.
Join us for an internship designed to let you apply your classroom learnings to real world challenges. Our internships have a thoughtful balance of networking, executive speakers, community involvement, big meaty projects (no paper filing here!) and fun!
HP’s Supply Chain Organization is at the heart of the world’s most sustainable and just technology companies.
As a Supply Chain Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of the supply chain, while applying the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) model to optimize our processes.
Internships will be available for students who are in both Engineering and Business degree programs. Positions available will include assignments and tasks in the areas of Sourcing, Logistics, Planning, Materials/Inventory Management, Manufacturing Operations, Sustainability, Digital Transformation, Returns and Order Fulfillment. Tasks and assignments will vary with each Intern.
The selected candidate will gain and be equipped with the Supply Chain fundamentals to grow an inspiring career in Supply Chain. The SC Success indicators are the following:
Functional/Technical expertise: Has and strives to develop functional expertise, technical breadth and depth and thought leadership. Digital savvy, advanced tools/artificial intelligence (AI).
Business and Financial Acumen: Understands the upstream and downstream impact of decisions. Able to see the financial effects and relationships of various aspects of the business.
Emotional intelligence and self-awareness: Can read social engagements and is distinctly aware of his/her impact on others. Cognitively and emotionally empathic and pays attention to what’s said and unsaid. Thoughtful and approachable, respectful of others and self. Admits mistakes and knows how to take ownership and fix.
Resilience/grit: Communicates with positivity, creativity and optimism despite setbacks. Able to manage fear of failure and bounces back quickly with ethic and determination to find a solution in the face of challenges. Doesn’t seek perfection, but strives for excellence (bias towards action over getting stuck in over-analysis).
Information process capability: Able to manage the complexity requirements of the role. Able to process, synthesize, and integrate information to make effective decisions. Able to balance short-term thinking with longer term consequences.
Accepts the role requirements: Individual ambitions and aspirations are in-line with the reality of the role. Demonstrates commitment to the role and values the work. Able to manage 24/7 work environment if/when necessary while finding balance.
Team and organizational leadership: Able to influence and collaborate/partner well internally and externally. Challenges the status quo to accelerate business outcomes. Ability to teach and share knowledge with others; always learning and developing oneself.
Executive communication: Connects well with people . Demonstrates executive presence. Communicates effectively – leveraging concise and effective messaging, empathy and listening ability. Controls the narrative in a way that is transparent, builds credibility and confidence.
Intern Responsibility/Project Examples
- Assist in analyzing and mapping our current supply chain processes using the SCOR model framework
- Identify areas for improvement and propose recommendations to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction in the Sourcing and Logistics areas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including planning, procurement, production, logistics, returns, customer service, and operations to gather data and insights for process optimization
- Support the implementation of supply chain improvement initiatives, such as inventory management, demand planning, and order fulfillment
- Conduct research on industry best practices and emerging trends in supply chain management to contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Assist in data collection, analysis, and reporting to measure key performance indicators (KPIs) and track the progress of supply chain initiatives.
- Review and analyze whether or not new supply chain concepts that support an Integrated Supply Chain should be adopted by HP (i.e., JIS—Just In Sequence)
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and training sessions related to supply chain management and process improvement
- Conducting a sourcing market research to determine possible new innovative products or categories for introduction into HP’s products
- Designing a sustainability initiative independent or in conjunction with other business function, i.e., Packaging suppliers, Logistics/Transportations suppliers
- Identifying and implementing new, innovative quality control processes and procedures for component suppliers
- Conduct market research to propose and implement potential new technologies leading for supply chain optimization
- Apply analytics to develop data-driven solutions and financial/operational models to complex problems
Education and Experience Required
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply the SCOR model to identify process gaps and propose solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Teams and Sharepoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross- functional teams
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) environment
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI, SQL and Access database a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python or others a plus Strong knowledge of Microsoft
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, and financial modeling
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with experience in creating Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Knowledge with programming languages (Python, other)
- Ability to work in virtual teams
- Be an agent of Management of Change
- Previous internships in a Supply Chain related function
Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics, Industrial Distribution, General Business Management
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create. The selected candidate will gain and be equipped with SC fundamentals like Functional expertise, Business and Financial Acumen, Capability to process Information, and team and organization leadership. Thanks for taking the time to review our job description. If you think it is a match to your knowledge and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you.
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
US Only: COL, NY, CA, WA – Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is $24-$31 hourly. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.