One Makes the Difference. At Hexcel, our purpose is in the solutions we offer to our customers. In the air, on the ground, on the water, and in space, our advanced materials make essential systems lighter and stronger to use less energy—the keys to a sustainable future. Hexcel delivers its solutions to our customers through our technical eminence and powerful culture. “One Hexcel” defines our company culture as one of inclusion and belonging, where work has meaning, and innovation is continuous. We deliver through accountability and collaboration among colleagues bringing their diverse perspectives from around the world.
Hexcel is currently seeking a Part-time Tax Intern for our Stamford, CT location.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Preparation of corporate federal, state, and local income tax returns using OneSource RS.
- Preparation of Federal and state tax return workpapers
- Assistance with the tax depreciation calculation
- Managing the corporate tax department’s tax filing calendar
- Upload tax data in Compliance and Provision software
- Assist with the domestic and foreign tax provision preparation process
- Research assignments and special projects as assigned
- Compilation of information for tax audits
- Organize and maintain hard copy and digital tax files
- Update and reorganize workpapers
- Assistance with filing of corporate tax returns as required
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- At least 2 years of college studies completed and working towards a four-year or graduate degree in accounting, tax or related degree program
- Effectively works as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
Eligible candidates must be a: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, person admitted in refugee status, or person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected class.