The Planning Specialist is responsible for creating value through planning and adjusting production/shipping schedule by working closely with other teams.
• Plan production/shipping schedule in detail to meet shipment objective in a way of maximizing profit while managing proper inventory.
• Keep the schedule updated to reflect recent status and shared timely with relevant teams using excel spreadsheet with logically well-connected formulas, easily updatable and recognizable form.
• Make reports on production result of last period (week/month/quarter/year), gap to plan, plan for next period either for regular meetings and/or on an ad hoc basis.
• Communicate and coordinate with US Sales Team and Global Sales Planning Team timely on confirming purchase order in advance, product type/grade, delivery schedule, prioritization among purchase orders, dealing with complaint, and etc.
• Communicate and coordinate with relevant teams in the plant timely on those considerations; materials availability, certifications, machine maintenance schedule, minimizing job change loss, avoiding complexity of work, old material/product clearance, and etc.
• Adhere to the policies and procedures of Hanwha Q CELLS.
• Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, Operations Management, Business Administration, or another related fields
• 0-1 years of manufacturing and/or assembly business
• Knowledge on ERP system (SAP), material flow, supply chain, operations and administration
• Strong proficiency in MS Office applications especially Excel in particular
• Strong quantitative analytics capability
• Ability to work with multiple departments including but not limited to Sales, Production, Purchasing, Logistics, Equipment maintenance, Process control, R&D, QA/QC, and IT
• Ability to pay close attention to details while maintaining a big picture perspective
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
• Able to stand and walk the production area throughout the workday
• Reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting as required within limits set by Q Cells
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Experience in solar panels industry
• Fluently speaking in both Korean and English
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.