We are seeking a full-time Project Manager Intern in our Olathe, KS location. In this role, you will be responsible for providing project management and coordination between program managers and other departments in the development of Garmin programs from initial concept through implementation. Responsibilities will include process design/improvement, process documentation, data analysis and reporting results to management.
- Design &/or improve business processes, tools or systems utilizing and applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Work with program managers on complex projects across multiple functional areas, managing ongoing action items while tracking and reporting progress
- Assist program management team with providing guidance and leadership through definition of clear project objectives, requirements, timelines and milestones
- Interface with Garmin Europe, Garmin Taiwan and Garmin Australasia, as well as other departments within Garmin, such as MarComm, IT, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, etc.
- Manage the coordination/communication of projects with key internal/external stakeholders
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders to ensure all parties are aware of project milestones, risks, changes and key deliverables
- Prepare reports based on findings and present reports to peers and management
- Develop and maintain documents that record compliance
- Prepare flow charts/diagrams and create visualization tools such as dashboards or reports to manage business processes
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or a related technical discipline
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Proven project management experience and/or demonstrated knowledge in project management concepts/processes
- Ability to deal with confidential company matters
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and respectful interpersonal communication skills
- Must be positive, detail/quality oriented, organized, analytical, team oriented, a driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems, and a multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and work proactively/effectively in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Proficient using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with business analytics software &/or tools
This job must be performed within commuting distance of the office listed above.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
This position is eligible for Garmin’s benefit program. Details can be found here: Garmin Benefits