Unleash the Power of Prospects! Join us as the Prospect Development & Research Specialist and become the driver behind our ministry’s future success. Your mission? To craft an unstoppable pipeline of potential donors for our media ministry programs. Through cutting-edge research, you’ll uncover hidden gems and ignite their passion for giving.
Unlocking the untapped potential of individuals who can revolutionize our mission to move people closer to Christ. With your expertise, we’ll create a strong foundation for our Donor Advisors, Mid, Major, and Principal Giving, and Planned Giving programs.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:30-5:00 PM CST, Flexible but position will be in office in Franklin, TN.
Career Growth Opportunities: Specialist -> Analyst
What You Will Be Doing…
- Serve as the primary representative and the first point of engagement for potential new portfolio donors as identified by Prospect Development.
- Identify, investigate, analyze, organize and evaluate information yielded from a variety of sources (electronic and print) to determine a donor prospect’s capacity to give, philanthropic interests, and relationship to Educational Media Foundation.
- Participate in donation thank you calls for gifts above $10,000.
- Qualify and escalate donors to fill portfolios and portfolio pipelines.
- Identify opportunity to move donors into donor advisor portfolios through a variety of strategies.
- Periodically participate in regional and national events that include assigned portfolio donors.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Prospect Development & Research and the Prospect Development & Research Analyst to build strong donor experiences.
- Ensure all calls, stewardship contacts, and information gathered in those activities is recorded in the donor’s data record.
- Participate actively in Staff Meetings, Summits and Retreats.
- Adhere to guidelines and administrative procedures including submitting expense reimbursements, invoices, and contact report.
- Such other duties as required to advance the mission of EMF.
What We Are Looking For…
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education/training with relevant experience; advanced degree a plus.
- Donor communication experience that includes personal or voice to voice contacts with donors is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and understand the goals, interests, and passions of major gift donors.
- Effective time and detail management with the ability to manage and complete several projects at the same time.
- Ability to work strategically, set priorities, define goals and outcomes, detail tactics, and achieve results.
- An individual who is energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong individual, foundation, and corporate ministry donor relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy, transparency, and accountability both internally and externally in conversations with donors and prospects, in marketing, and reporting.
- Possess a passion for Christian ministry.
- Dedication to developing excellent relationships with others throughout the organization.
Why work for Educational Media Foundation, K-LOVE/Air1?
Educational Media Foundation (EMF) is a nonprofit, multi-platform media company on a mission to draw people closer to Christ. Founded in 1982 in Santa Rosa, CA, with a singular radio station, EMF today owns and operates the nation’s two largest Christian music radio networks (K-LOVE and Air1) with over 1,000 broadcast signals across all 50 states, streaming audio reaching around the world, and a growing family of media ministries including podcasts, books, films, concerts, and events. EMF employs nearly 500 team members between its offices in Nashville, TN, Rocklin, CA, and field locations around the country. You can view our mission and values here Mission, Beliefs & Values.
What can we offer you?
- Industry leading Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Short/long term disability and life insurance
- Robust 401K with company match
- Parental leave with Baby Bonding pay
- Generous PTO, holiday and sick pay
- Unique company culture that includes exclusive access to concerts, movie premieres, media industry events, and more
- Leadership and Career Development Programs including free access to LinkedIn Learning platform
“As an Equal Opportunity Employer, EMF makes employment decisions based on merit and other legitimate reasons. The Company is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and the promotion of equal employment opportunities regardless of protected class, characteristic or status. However, EMF is also a religious non-profit organization where all team members contribute to the Company’s mission of encouraging our audiences “to have a meaningful relationship with Christ.” Therefore, pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e I(a)), EMF has the right to hire only candidates who agree with the Company’s Statement of Faith. Also, as a religious non-profit organization, the Company is not governed by the CA Fair Employment and Housing Act.”