The Department of Human Resources currently recruiting for one Management Intern position under the Administration Bureau. This position will report to the Manager of Administration who provides internal services to the Department of Human Resources and the City Manager’s Office. This position will also assist other divisions within the Department of Human Resources. The intent for the position is to share the day-to-day tasks, duties, and projects both short and long term, with an emphasis on excellent customer service, follow through and attention to detail. This position is capped at a max of 1,600 hours per year. Non-Career employees are allowed a maximum of 1600 work hours over 12 months and are considered temporary, at-will employees who are not typically eligible for benefits. Non-career employees are not typically eligible for health/dental/vision benefits; however, may be eligible for sick leave benefits.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Coordinates with the Manager of Administration and the lead analysts on on day-to-day tasks that may arise.
- Create new job postings and assist with recruitment needs.
- Assist with the processing of personnel or benefit transactions for City staff.
- Assist others with Technology requests and various technology needs.
- Assist with budget reports and projections for the Department of Human Resources.
- Serve as a liaison to divisions within Human Resources for the resolution of day-to-day administrative issues.
- Responds to inquiries from the public, vendors, and outside agencies by telephone and email.
- Assist with the release of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), setting up Contracts and Purchase Orders (POs).
- Assist with posting announcements on both the intranet and intranet.
- Assist with research and special projects as needed.
- Leads the coordination of the Paid Internship Program which includes the coordination of the Intern Networking meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience working in Human Resources.
- Strong work ethic and attendance record.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain professional work relationships.
- Interest in learning about Human Resources.
- Proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and other online applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Quick to adapt to new situations.
- Available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week during regular M-F, 8 am-5 pm work schedule. Preferable M, W, and F (24 hrs) or T and TH (16 hrs).
This position does not participate in the hybrid work schedule as it provide internal services along with the other staff in the Administration Bureau.
- Enrolled in a master’s degree program in the fields of public administration, political science, business administration, human resources management, or related fields from an accredited college or university (*PROOF REQUIRED) OR
- Recently graduated from a master’s degree program (within one year of application submission. (*PROOF REQUIRED*)
- 6 months of paid experience or volunteer work in the fields of political science, public administration, public policy, or closely related field.
This recruitment will close on November 29, 2023, at 11:59 pm. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and copies of their transcripts/degree, and their current course schedule (if currently enrolled in a graduate program). All documents must be submitted in PDF format. Incomplete applications or candidates who clearly do not meet the minimum requirements of the position will not be considered.