Brailsford and Dunlavey is seeking a highly skilled project analyst to join our growing minority-owned firm in Costa Mesa, CA. Are you someone who prides themselves on being meticulous, and entrepreneurial? Are you driven by intellectual curiosity and in pursuit of a more challenging and rewarding career path? If these qualities align with your values, B&D might just be the ideal place for you!
Find a balanced work-life routine with our hybrid work setup that includes both remote and on-site options.
The primary focus of this position is to produce analytics and resulting synthesis to inform the project team’s advisement to college, university, clients on the positioning of assets such as campus housing, intercollegiate athletic facilities, campus recreation centers, student unions, campus edge developments, etc. to best leverage the long-term mission and vision of the organization. Analytics include, but are not limited to, master planning activities, site analyses, needs assessments, program planning, financial modeling, and market analyses.
- Performs data collection and analysis to include focus group leading and reporting, in-person and telephone interviews to gain market analysis insights, survey design and analysis, space planning, financial modeling, and print and internet research.
- Synthesizes results of analytics to relevant client context.
- Supports the project team by actively generating and exchanging ideas and recommendations.
- Develops presentation deck, financial models, and other project deliverables (including written documents) to support the decision-making of institutions.
- Assists in the coordination of project team activities including scheduling and participating in client meetings / presentations.
- Serves as the secondary management contact for clients, communicating as needed to ensure appropriate follow through.
- Participates in B&D’s business development activities to include attending conferences, writing articles, and developing relationships with potential clients.
- Assists with quality control and client satisfaction activities specific to his/her assigned projects.
- Assists with the recruitment and training of new staff.
- Assists with the company’s research and development efforts by identifying new analytical tools, strengthening existing models, and discovering improved ways of doing business.
- Performs other duties as assigned with the effort and skills necessary to contribute to our continued growth.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in higher education / non-profit management, construction management, engineering, planning, real estate development / management, architecture or related field.
- Two or more years of relevant experience, or a master’s degree in a related field.
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness to travel (by car, air, or train) two or more times per month.
- In-depth understanding of the firm’s project types, project management concepts and methodologies, as well as general industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel (beyond beginner level), Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as collaboratively in a group setting.
- Excellent oral, group facilitation, presentation and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities, as well as intellectual curiosity.
- Strong understanding of real estate, finance and accounting principles.
- Clear support for the firm’s mission, values and operating paradigm.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Aptitude and self-motivation for professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of individuals from diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability and ethical backgrounds.
Why work with us?
We lead the planning, development, and management of the places that shape and strengthen our communities. At B&D, you have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the communities around you while advancing your career. We strongly believe that for you to invest your career in us, we must also invest in YOU. That’s why B&D offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% company-paid medical, prescription, and dental insurance premiums for employees and their children. Our benefits package also includes vision insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, employee assistant programs, cell phone reimbursement, and many more! Additionally, at B&D, we prioritize growth opportunities, diversity and inclusion, mentorship programs, and work/life balance. Does it get better than this? We don’t think so, and if you agree, we encourage you to apply with us today. We are excited to meet you.
The base annual salary range for this role is currently $65,000-80,000. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in e-verify.