BDO is a place for energetic self-starters who can think and act like entrepreneurs. As an Intern in our Assurance practice, you will begin to utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you serve the firm’s dynamic client base. You will assist in problem solving and fact-finding, working side-by-side with more experienced team members who can provide you with direction, coaching and learning opportunities. This opportunity will allow you to gain a unique hands-on perspective on our firm’s practices and people, as well as beginning to forge the critical relationships that will help maximize your chance for success in your career.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Participates in a structured on-the-job training program and become familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Becomes familiar with BDO specific audit methodology to assist with various stages of the audit process
- Provides various support functions to the audit staff during engagement
- Communicates with the clients’ customers, creditors, banks and related parties concerning audit issues
- Prepares and documents work in working papers utilizing BDO specific tools and templates
- Contributes ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members’ views
- Completes one assigned accounting or audit related research project and able to present findings to a panel of Assurance professionals
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting, required
- Pursuing a masters degree in Accounting, preferred
- Leadership experience, preferred
- Actively pursuing school credits to become a CPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Individual salaries that are offered to a candidate are determined after consideration of numerous factors including but not limited to the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and geography.
California Range: $31.00/hr – $39.00/hr
Colorado Range: $22.00/hr – $30.00/hr
New York City/ Valhalla Range: $32.00/hr – $36.00/hr
Washington Range: $31.00/hr – $39.00/h
BDO delivers assurance, tax, digital technology solutions and financial advisory services to clients throughout the country and around the globe. We offer numerous industry-specific practices, world-class resources, and an unparalleled commitment to meeting our clients’ needs. We currently serve more than 400 publicly traded domestic and international clients.
- Unparalleled partner-involvement
- Deep industry knowledge and participation
- Geographic coverage across the U.S.
- Cohesive global network
- Focused capabilities across disciplines
BDO brings world-class resources and exceptional service to each and every one of our clients. BDO USA is a member of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest accounting network.
BDO offers a competitive Total Rewards package that encompass so much more than – “traditional benefits”. Our wide range of rewards and our employees’ ability to customize rewards to their individual needs are two of the reasons why BDO has been honored with so many workplace awards, including 100 Best Companies for Working Parents, Working Mother 100 Best Companies, Top Entry Level Employer, 2022 National Best & Brightest Companies to Work For and more.
Some examples of our Total Rewards offerings include:
- Competitive pay and eligibility for an annual performance bonus.
- A 401k plan plus an employer match
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and prescription insurance from day one
- Competitive Paid Time Off with daily accrual from day one of employment, plus paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Firm paid life insurance
- Wellness programs
- Additional offerings include BDO Flex, Group Legal insurance, Pet insurance and Long-Term Care Insurance
Above offerings may be subject to eligibility requirements.